- Coordinating multi-section laboratory courses.
- Supervision of student workers.
- Experimental and laboratory preparations.
- Laboratory curriculum development.
- Grading of laboratory assignments.
- Assisting the department in remaining compliant with safety protocols, EPA regulations, and hazardous waste disposal.
- Departmental service.
- A Master's degree or higher in chemistry, chemical education, or a related field is required, and teaching experience in preferred.
- On-line application.
- Cover Letter that includes how you will effectively engage with a diverse student body as a teacher and mentor.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts as one PDF.
- The names, affiliations, & contact information of three professional references.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
Pallidus, Inc., is a fast-growing producer of large diameter Silicon Carbide wafers for high power and high frequency semiconductor applications in Transportation, Green Energy, Telecommunication, and Industrial markets. Pallidus’ M-SiC™ technology delivers step change improvements in SiC quality and cost effectiveness to drive wafer to device yield performance. Pallidus is a high energy, technology driven, and innovative startup company looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Developing, characterizing, and optimizing new materials is essential for the continued growth and success of Pallidus. The R&D Chemist will play a key role in this critical mission and will report to the Director of Source R&D.
- Perform wet chemistry (dilutions, extractions, etc.) and small and intermediate scale synthesis.
- Safely handle hazardous materials
- Follow safety and environmental regulations
- Maintain a clean, orderly laboratory
- Collect and analyze data using a variety of analytical tools including NMR, FTIR, thermal gravimetric analysis, and mass spectrometry
- Review and execute test plans
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and method development on analytical instrumentation
- Applicants should have a BS degree in Chemistry, an eagerness to learn, and strong communication and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. to meet Export Control requirements